As a performance venue, the possibilities the planetarium provides are immerse
NEW PERFORMANCES ADDED
Sat 20 October
Due to popular demand additional performances are now on sale.
An immersive multimedia experience in the planetarium dome.
Particle/Wave sees poets, musicians, sound and video artists joining forces with renowned scientists to interpret the theories of gravitational waves, which Stephen Hawking has called “a completely new way of looking at the universe.”
The 2017 Nobel Prize for Physics was awarded for the breakthroughs that led to the decisive detection of the gravitational waves that surround us all of the time.
Directed by Alicia Sometimes, Particle/Wave combines art and science into a compelling show that explores these elusive forces we cannot see.
Suitable for ages 16+. There is a complete lockout for this performance.
- Director and Producer
- Alicia Sometimes
- Musical Director and Co-producer
- Andrew Watson
- Alicia Sometimes, Krissy Kneen, Maxine Beneba Clarke, Lisa Gorton, Omar Musa, Jordie Albiston
- Sound Artists
- Andrew Watson, Camilla Hanna, Nat Bates
- Andrew Watson, Isobel Knowles, Benjamin Portas, Carl Knox, Mark Myers, Dee Mason
- Katie Mack, Kendall Ackley, Alan Duffy, Ling Sun
With support from
PHOTO | Andrew Watson
With special contributions from Warik Lawrance and Dr Tanya Hill from Museums Victoria and Carl Knox and Mark Myers from ARC Centre of Excellence for Gravitational Wave Discovery (OzGrav).